Thursday, July 06, 2006

Companionship

Every morning on my way to work, I pass a man walking his dog. Nothing new. But the thing is, this man, probably in his upper 50’s, is about 6’ 4” tall. The dog he walks is a miniature Chihuahua, about the size of his foot. She’s light tan with this peppy little tail that just bobs along.

I bet this man rolls his eyes every morning while hooking the leash onto her collar. I bet he says to his wife every morning, “I can’t believe I have to walk this thing every day – it’s your dog.”

But I bet, as he’s strolling along with this puppy, he secretly enjoys it. I have never seen a dog happier than she on her morning walks. And I bet he’s smiling inside, because his little dog loves him.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Then he would be crying on the inside...

Christy Z said...

That wasn't a very nice comment Mother. Boo Hoo

Mel said...

I love my family...