Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Trip Down Memory Lane

To take a note from my friend Sarah, I thought I would continue on and tell my story of my saddest Valentine's Day I've ever had.

The year was 1988...

So there was this really cute boy in 4th grade (his name was Zach.) Zach was "going with" the most popular girl in our class named Melissa (not me.) Well, right before Valentine's day, Zach and Melissa broke up (que delighted squeals and breathless gasps of joy from every other girl in 4th grade!)

On Valentine's Day morning, one of Zach's best friends comes up to me and gives me a stuffed teddy bear (white & fuzzy, holding a big red heart), saying "Here, this is from Zach. Happy Valentine's Day." I thought I was going to pee on myself! Every girl was looking at me with longing and jealousy (cool!). I proudly set the teddy bear on the corner of my desk for all to see. I was on cloud 9.

For about 1 hour. {sniffle}

Zach's best friend comes back by my desk later that morning, picks up the teddy bear, and says "Sorry - wrong Melissa" and TAKES IT AWAY!

(that sound you hear is my heart shattering into a thousand pieces, all over again.)

Stupid Zach.

{sob}

No comments: