Friday, February 10, 2006

Grrrr

I had to go to the doctor yesterday, my first trip since my insurance kicked in.
Here is the conversation I had with them yesterday (while sitting in the waiting room):

Them: Benefits, this is so-and-so.

Me: Good morning. I am at the doctor's office right now. My benefits just started Feb. 1st, so I have not received my card ye-

Them: -interrupting- If you will recall in the benefits meeting, this situation was explained.

Me: Yes, I know that, but-

Them: -interrupting again- And as we stated in that meeting, you can look at the Benefits handbook you should have on page 16 to read that it will take 4-6 weeks to receive your insurance card.

Me: Well, first, I didn't know I wouldn't be in the office today, and didn't know I would be visiting the doctor. Therefore, I do not have access to my handbook at this time. Secondly, all I need to know is how much my co-pay is for a doctor's visit.

Them: Oh...well, it's $20.

Me: Thanks, so-and-so. That's all I needed to know.

1 comment:

emily anna said...

She doesn't sound like a very happy person... poor her. :)