Friday, November 18, 2005

Prrrrrr :(

I realize something...I MISS MY CAT! Banjo was a good cat, but he had two major flaws: he bit (hard) and he shed (A LOT!) So my fantastic sister-in-law adopted him right before we moved. And I have to admit, it was pretty convenient not to have to move a cat along with the rest of our belongings. He's pretty high-maintenanced, and would have, literally, thrown a hissy fit in the midst of turmoil. (So prissy!)
Here is what I miss about my cat. Everyday when I came home from work, he was waiting at the door for me, meowing and purring till I thought he'd burst! He would follow me around the house, winding through my legs (tripping me on many occasions), just waiting until I sat down. Within 5 seconds he would be on my chest, doing his screeching little purr (sounded like rusty gears.) He would not move until I got up, whether it was two minutes or an hour.
I miss opening our bedroom door in the mornings and finding his little stuffed dog waiting, a little present left in the night (I'm glad we don't have mice!)
I miss that whenever I was upset, he would mirror image me - If I was lying on the bed on my side, he was right beside me, touching me with his paw.
I miss his predictability, knowing he was always underfoot, waiting.
Cat hair up my nose - I don't miss.
Near-puncture wounds on my legs - I don't miss.
Furry warm purring snuggling Banjo - Definately miss.

No comments: