Friday, July 04, 2008

Willie and Friends...minus one...

I had an elderly customer call in the other day asking for a loan. When I looked at her account I saw that she was pretty far in the red.

Me: You will need to come in and complete a loan application.

Customer: I can't drive no more.

Me: I will be happy to put one in the mail for you, and include a postage paid return envelope for you to send it back.

Customer: I don't got time for that, I need the money today. I gotta get my Willie Nelson tickets, but I don't have $132.50. I can't write a check if I don't get the loan.

Me: I apologize, ma'am, but all of our loans have a 48 hour processing period.

Customer: But I don't got 48 hours. I need the money now.

Me: Again, I am sorry we won't be able to get you the money today. I understand you're frustrated. But again, I'll be happy to send you an application so you can get started on it.

Customer: But...I gotta...but...it's Willie!

2 comments:

The Church Lady said...

She needs her some willie. whats a gal to do? you heartless bank you.

Christy Z said...

That is so sad. But so funny!