Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I couldn't help myself...

A Longhorn and an Aggie applied for the same job. They were neck and neck, with all the same qualifications. The hiring manager decided the only way to decide was to randomly point to a word in the dictionary, and whoever came up with the best scenario using the chosen word would get the job.


The manager opened the dictionary and pointed to the word "Timbuktu."


The Longhorn stood up, cleared his throat, and began. "I looked across the burning sands, and spied a camel caravan. Under azure skies of blue, destination: Timbuktu."


The manager was quiet for a moment and slowly wiped a tear from his eye, clearly moved.


The Aggie stood up and started his poem. "Tim and I did fishing went. We spied three maiden in a tent. They were three and we were two, so I bucked one and Timbuktu."


The Aggie won.

No comments: