Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Shopping

I went to a store the other day (we'll call it Shower & Boody Works). As we all know, I dislike being pestered by sales people. Really dislike.

If I need something, I will ask.

No, I do not want to try the new lotion of the month. No, I do not like the new strawberry perfume. Really, thank you, but no. Seriously dude, stop asking or I'll pour it over your head.

Anyways, this was one of those visits. These two girls kept on and kept on pestering, and I kept on and kept on avoiding (I was there for a specific reason, otherwise, I would have been long gone) and dodging.

I happened to walk by this mannequin wearing a robe wrap, and flippantly touched the material as I walked past to see how it felt. Big mistake. Hawk Eyes saw this, and pounced.

H.E. - "Isn't that a wonderful robe?

Me - "Mmm hmm."

H.E. - "You know, if you spend $50 today, you can purchase this awesome robe for only $20!!!"

Me - "Oh. Neat."

H.E. - "It's totally an awesome deal!!!"

Me - "Well, thank you, but I don't really wear robes."

H.E. and sidekick - *gasp* "You don't WEAR robes??? Why not?!?" (I'm not making this up, guys, seriously.)

Me - "Well, I just prefer to go naked."

H.E. - "..."

Never heard another peep outta them. I just love shock value. Works like a charm.

1 comment:

emily anna said...

your so funny!