Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Honk

I remember being so excited about my 6th birthday. I had asked for a Sesame Street Honker horn for my bike, and was quite the happy 6-year-old when I opened the package. It was green and blue, with pink horns. And when you squeezed the nose, it (obviously) honked!

We went on a birthday family bike ride that afternoon to the lake-park (I'm sure it had a real name, but that's how I remember it. Basically a park with a lake, and a trail you could ride around. Heaven for a young 'un like me!)

I was so proud of my new honker. It looked really cute on my blue-banana-seat bike handles. About 10 minutes into the ride, I was honk-honking along, and my tires went off the paved path just a bit. When I tried to get back on, my tire didn't agree, and I, well, crashed. Fell over. And broke my honker. To pieces.

Sniff.

It still hurts.

6 comments:

Christy Z said...

You're SOOO dramatic... get over it!!!

The Church Lady said...

I can feel your pain.

Gay said...

It was Crown Hill park. And I have a hard time believing that if you broke your beloved honker we wouldn't have bought you another one. Maybe for your next birthday???

Mel said...

Nope, never got another one *wipes away tear*

Gay said...

Your memory must be whack.

Mel said...

You're whack.