Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Humor from RD...

By TSgt. John M. Milano

Upon completing Air Force technical school, I had to drive from the Gulf Coast to the Pacific Northwest for my next assignment. A friend suggested I hang my blue dress uniform in the left-rear window to generate good will from the highway patrol. When I was pulled over by a Wyoming state trooper, I was sure that I was off the hook because he told me that he, too, had been in the Air Force.

But he handed me a ticket anyway. It read: "Right-rear taillight burned out/License plate not properly illuminated" and, in the remarks section, "Lint on sleeve/Name tag uneven/Collar brass tarnished." He had once been a drill instructor.


And a side quote from Drew Barrymore...
ytolllllllllhgn
"I'd rather be a few pounds heavier and enjoy life than be worried all the time."

P.S. That first part wasn't Drew. Maggie just felt like she had something important to say. How rude, interrupting like that. I need to teach her that if she has something to say, she needs to wait her turn before walking over the keyboard.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ok, so since no one has commented on my blog lately, I thought I'd do it myself. It's okay, Melissa. I still think you're cool. Even if no one else thinks so. Sniff.