Saturday, November 11, 2006

Observation

How come on all those crime scene shows, when they test stuff (that's my technical term) in the lab and put a smidge of something in the little vial, add a few drops of clear liquid, and then put it in the round spinny thing, which then automatically spits out a paper telling the lab dude what the mysterious "stuff" is...

(and yes, the above is actually one of the longest fragmented sentences ever)

well, how come, in the spinny thing, every single other spot is filled with other vials? You'd think if they were only testing one thing, they would just put one vial in there so they wouldn't get it mixed up. I mean, how terrible would it be if they were testing for chlorium dioxide (?), accidentally picked up the wrong vial, and it said it was, I don't know, cotton candy?

Boy, that would really throw the investigation for a loop, don't you think?

7 comments:

Christy Z said...

You spend WAY too much time watching crime shows late at night!

Anonymous said...

eww, eww pick me!!! I know the answer... all of the holes are filled so that the machine stays balanced! If it is not in balance it will not spin the liquid correctly. See, i did learn something at ACU!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that "spinny machine" is called a center fuse.

Mel said...

Smarty-pants

Jaime said...

emily, are you a CSI in your secret-I-put-on-a-front-as-a- stay-at-home-mom-but-I'm-really-a-bad -A@%-forensic-scientist life?

Anonymous said...

you guessed it... my secret is out. darn.

Anonymous said...

wait, are you talking about a centrifuge?