Thursday, October 26, 2006

6:54

So "some" people might say I'm a little obsessive-compulsive and, well, crazy about certain things. I personally have no idea what they're talking about. But I wanted to tell you about a little number called 6:54, and my positive attitude.

For as long as I can remember (or from age 12 or so,) the time I see most often on the clock is, you guessed it, 6:54. No clue why; it's just always stuck out. And every time I saw it, I cringed (fellow ocd-ers, you know how some things just feel right or wrong, right?) It must be a "creepy" number, a bad-day number, I thought. AM or PM, didn't matter. And this is an almost daily thing (so you can guess how many Melissa-ocd-induced bad days I had during my impressionable teenage years.)

Well, about 6 years ago, I decided to take 6:54 by the horns. I turned that frown upside down and thought, maybe it's a good number. Maybe every time I see it, we could be friends instead of bad-day enemies. *sunshine and sparkle*

So ever since, every time I see dear 6:54, I smile that secret smile, and think of everything we've been through. Whatta pal.

2 comments:

Christy Z said...

Um, you may be a little crazy...

Jaime said...

I myself have always liked 12:34. But maybe I am just not as ocd as you. Oh, well, I love you anyway! ;)