Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ouch

Last night something terrible and excruciatingly painful happened to me. I got jalepeno oil up my nose. No joke. I was de-seeding them, and had an itch, so I rubbed the back of my hand against my nose. Holy jalepeno juice, it hurt. So I wash my hands and try to wipe it out with a paper towel. This just pushed it further up into my nasal cavity. I tell you what, it hurt 10 times worse than getting it in my eye.

So I go sniffling and hollering to the husband, who has this ingenious idea. When he headed into the garage, I got a little suspicious. Then he brought in his "I work on cars and get so dirty that I have to use this hand de-greaser to clean up" gunk. And told me to put it up my nose. "You have oil up your nose, and soap and water won't get it out. This is the only thing that will work," he says. So after trying every other option I could think of, hemming and hawing, I did it. I stuck car de-greaser up my nose. It smelled like car de-greaser. After two doses of this, and then warm soap and water, it started to cool down a bit. Relief, finally. As gross as it was, it worked.

I have a smart husband (a little unconventional, but smart.)

2 comments:

Christy Z said...

Sorry. That sounds like it hurt! That's funny what Jonathan did :) Only he would have that stuff and think to use it like that!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a man thing! I'm sure I would not have thought of car de-greaser. I would have tried snuffing milk or some other gentle dairy product. That's supposed to take the heat out of your mouth after eating peppers. It could happen.