Monday, February 20, 2006

Just a Spoonful of Sugar...

Oh, the joys of insurance...(I'm at the doctor's office, insurance-cardless, needing my info in order to see the doctor.)

Me: Hi, I have a question.

Them: Yes?

Me: I don't have my insurance card with me. Would you be able to tell me my Group number and my ID number?

Them: If you'll remember, you can go onto the insurance website and print off a temporary ID card.

Me: Well, I didn't know that. But since I'm at the doctor's office right now, would you be able to access my information?

Them: {rattles off Group number}

Me: Do you have my ID number as well?

Them: No.

Me: Do you know how I might find that?

Them: You can call BCBS.

Me: Do you by chance have their 800 number?

Them: {rattles off 7-digit number}

Me: Now is that 8-0-0?

Them: Yes.

Me: So I just call and they'll give me my ID number?

Them: Yes.

Me: Okay, thank you for your help.


Dials insurance...punches 1...punches 3...sits on hold...sits on hold...sits on hold...

Insurance Answering message: We will be closed Friday, Feb. 17 through Monday, Feb. 20. Please call back tomorrow.

Me: @#%$!

Look in wallet...why, looky-there! It's my insurance card...

Poop.

No comments: