Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Psycho <><><>

Yeah, I sure do drive myself crazy sometimes…

Here’s the story. I had my doctor call me in a prescription to the CVS pharmacy near my house, one that I needed to start taking Sunday morning. I called early in the week to have them hold it until Saturday, as I worked all week and couldn’t pick it up until then.
Saturday evening at 6:30 I go to the pharmacy, and they’re closed. Great. So I ask the lady there for the number to the 24-hour store – maybe I could have it filled there. I call them on my way home, and they CAN’T FIND ME! I’m not in their system. They have no prescription waiting for me. Nada.

And so I start crying. I make it home, wailing to Jonathan that I can’t get my medicine, they’ve screwed up, life is AWFUL! So he calls the pharmacy. Hangs up and says the number CVS gave me was for a Walgreens pharmacy. “WHY?” I cried! Who in their right mind would give me a number for Walgreens!

So I decide, sniffling, to call a different CVS – maybe I’ll have better results. Well, THIS CVS found me. They had my prescription on file, AND told me that the store where it was called in was still open! Huh?

Yep, you guessed it. Why was I given a Walgreens phone number? When you go to a Walgreens in the first place, that’s what you’re gonna get. I sure did go to the totally wrong store. Got my prescription on time. Ruined my mascara for nothing. Silly me.

No comments: